Thursday, June 11, 2009

A note for me to remember...

So we are sitting at the dinner table tonight and Logan said the most amazing thing. He always amazes me with his logic. He is 5 and half years old. We were just having a casual conversation over dinner and I asked him like I always do...about what was his favorite part of the day. He explained about how he liked the nice kids. And he recalled a story of one of the kids on our street who had been not so nice that day. Then we had this exact conversation.
Logan: So, I will put the good things in blue and put them on this side of my brain. And then I will make the bad things in red and put them on this side of my brain(pointing to the other side of his head). My brain is a machine you know. And then I will lock them up so that I remember. And I have a key that will make me see everything.
Me: what do you mean the good things are blue?
Logan: You know, the good things that you tell me to do. Everything starts out white (he is pointing and waving his hands right in front of his eyes) and then if it's good I paint it blue and move it over to this side of my brain(moves his hand to the right side of his head) and then it's locked in my brain. And all of the bad things that you tell me not to do are red and I put them on this side(pointing to the left side).
Me: what is something that is blue?
Logan: ummmm, playing with my nice friends.
Me: what is something red?
Logan : Not to play with the kids who are not nice to all the kids all the time.
Me: did someone teach you this about your brain?
Logan: No, I made it up.

I love that kid!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly - the fact that he came up with that amazes me? I mean...really amazes me. That is so smart! Can't you just see him on TV one day teaching people how to better cope with lifes problems...he's going to be some famous Psychaitrist one day! Iknow it!!!

Unknown said...

Logan, you are a thinker...Always have been. Amazing little thinker. We cannot wait for you to dissect our brains in just a few weeks!!!!